Wednesday, February 20, 2013

goodbye to the old

and hello to my new 2011 Toyota Corolla S!!!

 

my previous car was a 2000 manual chevy prism which has been a wonderful reliable car! i've been thinking about getting a new car for a while but never was super serious about it until i was in my first car accident -a fender bender- in dec and jacked up the front of my car. we were able to get the hood squished back down but it was tricky to open and i lost the covers to my blinker lights. and then every week after something else seemed to break on my car, the last 2 weeks my right blinker stopped working which made me paranoid driving. so i was sooo ready when i finally got my car.

things i required for my new car: automatic, cruise control, the middle seat in the back row needed a head rest, and rear window defrost (it should be illegal to not have rear defrost but my chevy didn't have it). my new car also has automatic windows/locks, heated side mirrors (i didn't even know that existed), volume controls on the steering wheel, and i feel spiffy that on my car key i can hold down a button and my trunk pops open. it still feels weird that this is MY car and a huge adult purchase! i even have my own car insurance. (previously i was on my dads)

 

2 comments:

Carolyn Howell said...

Sweet ride and a sweet rider (driver)! Where are your racing gloves?

Is it true that you pay more insurance to have a red car? xoxo

Unknown said...

Yaay! Gotta love "The New Car" smell!!