Saturday, January 23, 2010

First Time....

-SKIING-

Posted by Picasa

we took the girls from work up to Snowbasin for a snow filled adventure. my co-worker, Jaymee, works up there and she set this all up.
and let me just say Jaymee is such a blast.

-our instructor, Dan, was awesome!
-my boots hurt and felt awkward
-it snowed the whole day
-i'm SUPER sore!!!

-so i was doing great on the bunny slope and felt confident but then Jaymee took some of us up to experience a bigger slope. this is where my problem started. i would start to go really fast, freak out, and then try to stop the correct way with the wedge stance. however, i would give up and make myself fall to the side. now this happened repeatedly. i lost all control and focus. we made it half way down the mountain with me having fallen over 20 times. i sure was cracking Jaymee up. at least someone was entertained. anyways, in the end to make it back down to the bunny slope i wrapped my arms around Jaymee and placed my skies in between her legs and she guided me down. so we spooned the rest of the way. we were definitely a sight to see. once i got back to the bunny slope i could barely do it. i had lost all my confidence.

but dont worry i get to do it all over again this coming saturday.
and i will be sticking to the bunny slope.
despite everything it was fun and now can i say i've been skiing.

2 comments:

JACK's house said...

Oh my Jami...I HATE SKIING! You should ask cameron about my first (and last) time skiing...you would laugh HYSTERICALLY!

Carolyn Howell said...

Finally! You are a UTAH girl. Skiing should come naturally. You do LOOK like a natural with that very cute skibunny hat. xoxo